• Reviews patient charts.
• Interprets lab values as related to nutritional status.
• Interviews patients on admission or change in diet prescription in order to obtain diet history and food preferences.
• Charts initial nutritional screening in patient chart; gives diet instruction to patients on normal, restricted sodium, restricted cholesterol and food & drug interactions in preparation for discharge.
• Assists dietitians in instruction of patients on special diets; writes special menus; recommends supplemental feedings & writes enteral formula recipes.
• Supervises the tray line workers preparation of food trays for patients to assure accuracy of diet and proper portioning, appearance and arrangement of food on trays.
• Supervises food service hostesses doing patient meal delivery.
• Solves problems related to nutrition services such as assisting in patient discharge follow-up. Tallies calorie intakes for malnourished patients to assure adequate intake; provide input in planning of patient menus.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or related field
• Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association License or certification as mandated by the state in which employed ServSafe Food Safety Certification preferred
• Minimum 3 years experience in a hospital setting. IS experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Word®, Excel®, and Outlook required.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package:
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Short and long term disability
• 401k Plan
• Profit sharing
• Life insurance options
Join us in an environment which fosters professional growth and development.
Please attach your resume in Word format for immediate consideration.